- ECU HIPAA Privacy and Security Best Practices
Best practices document for HIPAA Privacy and Security at ECU.
- University and Medical Center Institutional Review Board
Research at ECU, Brody School of Medicine, PCMH and its affiliates.
- The NC Healthcare Information and Communication Alliance, Inc. (NCHICA)
Main page to NCHICA. Resource for healthcare and the adoption of information technology.
- NC DHHS
HIPAA compliance and services specific to North Carolina standards of due care.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Central starting point for information on the Administrative Simplification Act’s history, standards, enforcement, plus other links.
- DHHS Office for Civil Rights
National Standards to protect the privacy of personal health information. Information on specific HIPAA Regulations and Standards for the Privacy and Security Rules, Transactions and Code Sets Standards, and Identifier Standards.
- DHHS Administrative Simplification Act
Main page to DHHS Administrative Simplification Act.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
HIPAA Privacy Rule and Public Health.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Information on the Privacy Rule for the research community.
- DHHS Office for Civil Rights-Guidance Regarding Methods for De-identification
The Office for Civil Rights-Guidance Regarding Methods for De-identification of Protected Health Information in Accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability ACT (HIPAA) Privacy Rule.
- OCR-Guidance Regarding Methods for De-identification of PHI